Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Quick Update: Conclusion of my Research Abroad

Iliana's first night here and we stumbled onto a wine festival!
So I blinked, and now all of the sudden I'm on my last week in Lübeck... Where did the time go? Well, most of it has been spent double- and triple-checking all the equipment is working for our study. Because we are doing simultaneous EEG and fMRI, there are a lot of moving parts that could derail the study. Thankfully, I think we're finally worked out the last of the issues! This week, my last week in Germany, marks the beginning of data collection. Our first participant is this Wednesday, with hopefully more to be scheduled soon after. And although I'm leaving, my lab mate Iliana is taking over for the next 3 weeks.
So while I won't be here for the majority of the data collection, I'll still be helping from afar to make sure this project continues smoothly. Anyways, for family & friends who want to know what my last few weeks have been like, I've added some pictures below of my recent adventures!
While Daniel, my boyfriend, visited we put him to work as a pilot subject!
A visit to the CHOCOLATE MUSEUM in Hamburg = heaven
Urban beehives at the world-famous restaurant "Noma" in Copenhagen

Meals are reservation only and run about $400... Obviously we didn't go

Photo courtesy of Daniel- Copenhagen wanderings

Being ridiculous at Tivoli (amusement park in Copenhagen)

Copenhagen's iconic Little Mermaid statue in honor of Hans Christian Anderson

Daniel and Ariel ;)

A bamboo bicycle at the Danish Museum of Design
I would have had more pictures from recent adventures in Copenhagen and Hamburg (where I got to give a small guest lecture!), but my phone's camera has been non-operational for the last few weeks. So I'm looking forward to returning home not only to resume data collection for my master's project, but also so I can get this phone problem resolved! Chicago, Il- Here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment