Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Neural Systems II

Though I posted about wanting to send this blog in a new direction over the break, I was never really able to settle on how I wanted to go about it.  But thanks to my current favorite class, I have a "game plan" to make this blog both an interesting read (hopefully) and an excellent study tool for myself.

Because today in my Neural Systems II class, my professor made the point that we've properly learned when we're able to explain material covered in class to others.  In this past fall's class, I simply talked though the information with my classmates.  But many of the topics we'll be covering this spring are of intrinsic interest for most people.  Questions regarding memory, learning, and consciousness will all be brought up on multiple occasions.
This is the textbook we'll be using this semester- just as a little background.

Hence, to increase my comprehension on these subjects as well as help spread some neuroscience love- I'll be posting on this blog at least once a week concerning the material taught in class.  Please feel free to leave any comments or questions about the subject matter (though let me get going first).  Please be patient with me as I get this project started and I hope I'm able to convey some of the most interesting studies and research from the world of neuroscience!

1 comment: